Knitwear Care & Size Guide
As all our knitwear is made by us and not mass produced, each piece will vary slightly in size, the chest measurements of each item will be on the product page. Some of our designs are made to be tight fitting, please contact us if you'd like more size information.
Here's a rough guide to our sizing.
|UK||8 - 10||12 - 14||14 - 16|
|USA/Canada||6 - 8||10 - 12||12 - 14|
|EU||34 - 36||38 - 40||40 - 42|
|Japan||9 - 11||13 - 15||15 - 17|
|Australia||10 - 12||14 - 16||16 - 18|
How to care for your knitwear
We can help you to keep your knitwear in tip top condition, follow these simple steps to make your garment last a lifetime. We recommend hand-washing your woollen garments by following these simple steps:
- Hand wash your garment in lukewarm water, first soak your item then add a small amount of woollen hand wash liquid. Soak for a few minutes.
- Very gently squeeze out the item, make sure not to scrub or rub any areas as this may cause them to felt.
- Rinse using lots of lukewarm water and make sure to keep doing this till the water runs clear.
- Very gently squeeze out the excess water from your garment, this can be done by rolling it in a towel or you can let it drip dry on a clothes airer.
- Once dry you can iron on a wool setting with lots of steam into shape, make sure that your iron isn't too hot, we recommend ironing inside out.
- If you are storing your garment it's best to wrap it in acid free tissue paper and store in an air tight box or bag.
Wash & Mend ServiceWe do offer a washing and mending service at Ninian, just return your item to us and we'll make it as good as new again, we do not charge for this service but ask that you pay for the postage on return.
If you have any questions about the care of a garment, contact us and we'll be happy to help.